Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What Just Happened?

After almost two weeks in the middle of Nowhere, Oklahoma and coming back home with two sick children I haven't had much time to watch the news. In fact I heard about the Iranian elections the day before I left, and was shocked when I walked past a newspaper box to see the cover article on Iranian's rioting in the street. I still haven't caught up entirely on what is going on in Iran but I did find this interview (6/24) with Reza Aslan on the Daily Show about Iran to be very interesting (and entertaining).

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Reza Aslan
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorJason Jones in Iran

Reza Aslan's No god but God is a great introduction into the history and current status of Islam and I recommend it for anyone that is curious. The future of Middle Eastern countries like Iran have always intrigued me. I'm sure a lot of Americans couldn't care less who they elect or what direction Iran my take but I for on am sitting on the edge of my chair. Of course I probably be more informed if I got more of my news somewhere other than the Daily Show but what can you do, it's infotainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment