Thursday, July 9, 2009

Matters of 'Divine Opinion'

James F. McGrath, Associate Professor of Religion at Butler University, Indianapolis, over at Exploring Our Matrix has written a great post on the issue of morality and God back in June. It touches on the Divine conundrum found in the Bible of "do as I say and not as I do". Professor McGrath makes a lot of "light bulb" remarks that most Christians would gloss over with a "God's ways are mysterious" response. If the Creator can't behave how can he expect us to behave and then punish us for failing?

What is Good?

1 comment:

captron52 said...

When I ask a religious person why this or that happens and they reply "Its God's will" that tells me they have no idea why.I just cant buy into that philosophy. I do hope you and yours have a wonderful weekend. God bless

Post a Comment