Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Final Stretch...

This is it. I've got two weeks left of school before I finally graduate, I've been in school forever. Since it's crunch time there's going to be a flood of assignments turned in at the last minute by my fellow classmates. In both of my religious studies classes, American Spirituality and The Bible: Origin and Content, Rabbi Rami had us write three blog posts containing our thoughts and struggles with the reading material assigned to us over the semester. I chose to write about Ecclesiastes and Alan Watts intriguing little book entitled, er, The Book. I'm sure most of you have already read these so I encourage you to visit our class blogs and read the postings by some of my classmates.

The Bible: Origin and Content class blog is called Biblical Wisdom which covers a few of the wisdom books in Judaism and Christianity.
  • Proverbs
  • Job
  • Ecclesiastes
  • The Gospel of Thomas
  • The Gospel of Truth (hopefully one of my classmates will be bold enough to write about it)
  • The Gospel of John
The American Spirituality class blog is called, well, American Spirituality which covers books by contemporary spiritual gurus of America from the 50's to the present day.
  • The Book By Alan Watts
  • Remember Be Here Now by Ram Dass
  • The First and Last Freedom by Krishnamurti
  • The Silent Question: Meditating in the Stillness of Not-Knowing by Toni Packer
  • And a few articles on guest speakers and other concepts brought up in class
I think I'm the only one in the class actually excited about the assignment since it's been dead (no dialog or comments by anyone other than myself) since the beginning of the semester. I'm hoping in this final stretch before the end of the semester we'll get some good dialog going, but I'm not keeping my hopes up. If you're interested take a look maybe leave a comment or two and let's see if we can get a conversation started.

4 comments:

captron52 said...

Good luck with the schooling thing. I really find your blog to be very mind provoking and well written. I sure hope you will continue to write.

Eruesso said...

I love writing this blog and don't see myself quitting anytime soon. It is a place of self-reflection and has become a part of my daily spiritual practice.

Don said...

" love writing this blog and don't see myself quitting anytime soon. It is a place of self-reflection and has become a part of my daily spiritual practice."

I am glad to hear this. May the best be yours as you embark on this new phase of your life. I have great respect and love for you. Onward and upward!

Sabio Lantz said...

Good luck on finishing out. The reading DOES sound fun. Hope you can get conversations going.

Post a Comment