Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bookmarks for Monotheists

I don't really remember why I made these bookmarks outside of sheer boredom but I did enjoy making them. So I thought I would share them with the world. Click on the pictures for the larger version.


Now when I made these I tried to be as accurate as possible but I'm still capable of making mistakes. I took scripture from the three Abrahamic Faiths: Judaism, Islam, and Christianity. Along the border I took (what I thought) is their main declaration of faith.

  • The Jewish Shema Yisrael, "Hear, O Israel: the Lord is our God, the Lord is One."
  • The Christian Gloria Patri, "Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,As it was in the beginning, both now and always, and to the ages of ages. Amen."
  • The Muslim Shahada, “There is no god but God, Muhammad is the Messenger of God."
I wrapped these around the border showing that even though each religion has their own views on God they are all still pointing to God. And on the other side I put my favorite song I sang in church as a kid.

Father Abraham had many sons
Many sons had Father Abraham
I am one of them and so are you
So let's all praise the Lord.

I tried to pick out scripture that related to peace, brotherhood, and love. You are welcome to download, keep, and print these off for yourself or to give to others. What I did was fold it in half and laminate it using packing tape. Mine were in great condition until my 1 year old started teething on them.

Peace and blessing be upon you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment